March Meeting Summary
Updated: Mar 31
Maureen Doll and Marian Anderberg joined us from the BC Association of Community Response Networks and presented on “It's Not Right: Neighbours, Friends & Family." The presentation was an introduction to a training opportunity on defining elder abuse and introducing a tool to assist with starting conversations with someone who may be experiencing abuse. Spots are still available for a training opportunity on May 5th from 1-2:30pm. Please contact Maureen at CRNkamloops@gmail.com to sign up or learn more. Presentation can be viewed here
We previewed the first draft of the Anti-Stigma Video, followed by a discussion where meeting attendees provided feedback. Edits will be made as per the feedback provided. A video series was discussed, with a second video focusing on Hidden Poverty. After some further editing, the film will be shown again to CFP members and disseminated publicly. If you are a business or work in a sector outside of social services and would like to reduce poverty stigma, we encourage you to connect with us and share the video on your platforms.
A video is only as powerful as the eyes on it. Our hope is this video will reach a variety of sectors and decision makers. Contact us to learn how to share the video at firstname.lastname@example.org
Service provider updates:
- The Salvation Army has employment opportunities available in their Family Support office. Please connect with them to apply! Salvation Army Kamloops | Job Opportunities (kamloopssalvationarmy.ca)
- March 29th is the final Monday meal being served by Kamloops Reach with PITstop.
- The COVID Meal Train celebrated it’s one year anniversary on March 28th visit https://www.facebook.com/groups/2629304904024530 to learn more!
- Jan Vint from Kamloops United is currently seeking panelist to be part of a discussion after the viewing of US and THEM. Please connect with Jan to express interest in joining the panel email@example.com to learn more about the documentary visit US & THEM documentary film - US&THEM documentary film by Krista Loughton (usandthemthefilm.ca)
- The US and THEM Documentary viewing will be for Kamloops United Congregation members (due to viewing policies), if you would like to secure a spot for the viewing please call Kamloops United 250-372-3020